:WUMPSCUT: [Special]


:WUMPSCUT: [Special]

:WUMPSCUT: is an electro-industrial project from Germany. It was founded in May of 1991 by Bavarian disc jockey Rudy Ratzinger (born June 3, 1966).

Ratzinger has always been the main creative force behind :wumpscut:, occasionally employing the help of others as guest artists. Ratzinger cites the influence of such bands as Leæther Strip as his reason for making the transfer from DJing to recording music.

The release of the song “Soylent Green”, which is named after the 1973 movie and also contains audio samples from the German dubbed version, first attracted attention to :wumpscut:. Since its release in 1993, it has become a frequently played song at events and clubs in the gothic and industrial subcultures and its associated splinter groups, both in Germany and the United States.

So far Ratzinger has published numerous recordings and remixes for other artists. :wumpscut: is also very well known for elaborate box set releases including limited versions of a CD or LP release in a box with additional and often also limited bonus material (bonus tracks, “liquid soylent” energy drinks, posters, pins, stickers, bags, flags, etc.). :Wumpscut: albums are reissued regularly with variant artworks and occasionally bonus tracks. Standalone merchandise is also available such as caps, mugs, etc.

Rudy Ratzinger has to date released 12 studio albums plus a number of compilations comprising of demos, compilation tracks and remixes from deleted singles & EPs. The 12th :wumpscut: album is due out in April 2009. It is titled ‘Fuckit’.

[Releted links]
[Video]
[Discography]
Wumpsuct - Defcon (Limited Edition) (1991)
Wumpscut - Fear in Motion (Limited Edition) (1995)
Wumpscut vs. Haujobb - The Remix Wars: Strike 1 (1996)
Wumpscut - Bunker Gate 7 (1997)
Wumpscut - Music For A Slaughtering Tribe II (2CD) (1997) I Part 1 I Parte 2 I
Wumpscut - Born Again (1997)
Wumpscut - Ich Will Dich (CDM) (1999)
Wumpscut - Eevil Young Flesh (Boeses Junges Fleisch) (1999) I Part 1 I Part 2 I
Wumpscut - Bone Peeler [2CD-Limited Edition] (2004) I Part 1 I Part 2 I Part 3 I Part 4 I
Wumpscut - Evoke (2005)
Wumpscut - Music For A Slaughtering Tribe [2CD-Remastered /1993] (2006) I Part 1 I Part 2 I
Wumpscut - Embryodead (Remastered + Bonus) (2005) I Part 1 I Part 2 I M I R R O R I Part 1 I Part 2 I
Wumpscut - Jesus Antichristus & Die Liebe [CDM] (2006)
Wumpscut - Body Census (2007)
Wumpscut - DJ Dwarf Seven (2007)
Wumpscut - Schädling (2008) I Part 1 I Part 2 I
Wumpscut - Dwarf Craving (4CD-Limited Edition) (2008) I Part 1 I Part 2 I Part 3 I
Wumpscut - Bunkertor 7 Re-Sample Edition (2CD) (2009) I Part 1 I Part 2 I
Wumpscut - Cut The Boo [7"Vinyl] (2009)
Wumpscut - Fuckit (2CD) (2009) I Part 1 I Part 2 I
Wumpscut - DJ Dwarf Nine (2009) I Part 1 I Part 2 I // I Part 1 I Part 2 I

source:
www.taringa.net