GRVD


GRVD (Brent Gunn)  - Power Electronics /Harsh Noise Wall/Blackened Noise/Experimental Black Metal from the Midwest (Ann Arbor, Michigan).

GRVD: I got into noise around 2012, but I had always been curious about the genre. I remember fucking around on my Yamaha keyboard when I was around 10, and I found the "sound effects" settings, and I'd just make these soundscapes and weird sounds for hours. I remember being 10 years old and hearing Pink Floyd's "Echoes" and really be into the ambient portions of that track. I think that was in a way a gateway into non-conventional music for myself. I had played in punk and hardcore bands in High School, but in all of those bands I felt kind of unsatisfied with what we were doing. I felt like there was too much control over the music, and I wanted things to be going into a more experimental, chaotic direction. I wanted the bands to be much more of an "experience" than a standard hardcore band you'd see at a bar. The last band I was in broke up in 2015, but I had started noise as GRVD in 2013. As GRVD started getting a little bit of traction, I started caring about that project infinitely more than the bands I was in. I got into noise because it gave me complete creative control over what I was doing, and I loved that. I can admittedly be a control-freak, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Noise gives me the complete power to express myself and make exactly the albums I want to. As for influences for GRVD, I'd have to say IRM, The Rita, Prurient's older material, Grunt, Atrax Morgue, Darkthrone, Gnaw Their Tongues, Infirmary, Nahvalr, Giles Corey, Genocide Organ, Swallowing Bile and Waves Crashing Piano Chords, Xasthur, Xiu Xiu.



[Releted links]
http://grvd.tictail.com/
https://www.facebook.com/brentgunn94


source: